At Wholehearted Healthcare, we empower and support our patients with self-awareness tools.
Most of the time, we as beings can gain this awareness by just stopping and deeply paying attention to ourselves and keeping food or other symptoms journals. But sometimes additional testing is needed to help us gain greater in-depth information from blood, hair, or tissue sources in order to more fully understand what our own needs are.
Some of the specialty labs we utilize include:
We offer on-site blood draws as well as utilizing Physicians Lab as a locally owned, off-site blood draw site.
If you're interested in connecting with any additional testing agencies that we are not currently connected with, we are open to suggestions. Please feel free to visit with Gena about the specific types of testing you would like done and at what agencies at your appointment.
I plan to have my blood drawn. What can I expect and how should I prepare?
- Wear sleeves that roll up easily
- Arrive having fasted nine plus hours prior to your blood draw
- You do not need to make an appointment at Physicians lab. You can just walk in and tell them your name.
- Arrive hydrated. Drink lots of water ahead of time!
- Bring your insurance card to the lab.
- Your blood draw kit comes with an ice pack. You will need to take it out and freeze it in advance. Then, bring it with you to the lab on the day of your blood draw.
- Note: Female hormone testing needs to be collected on your menstrual cycle day #21. Day one of your menstrual cycle is the day your flow begins. Counting forward, 21 days after the first day you last started to flow is day 21 of your cycle.